Jennifer Shook rounds out the Leaffer Law team of nonprofit tax attorneys. She applies her high energy and attention to detail on matters related to federal and state tax compliance, complex transactions, and everything in-between. She is particularly interested in the area of venture philanthropy, which pairs her background work with emerging companies and her desire to work with nonprofit social enterprises. Jennifer also works with the firm’s clients with healthcare-related missions.
Jennifer regularly works with clients in the following areas:
- Nonprofit formation and governance
- Applications for section 501(c)(3) status
- Reorganization and restructuring
- Private foundation tax compliance
- Development and implementation of scholarship programs
- Corporate operational issues
- Exit strategy planning
Earlier in her career, Jennifer was a tax associate with Cooley Godward and Holme Roberts & Owen. Jennifer is a member of the Forum of Women Entrepreneurs and a founding member of the nonprofit Wellstone Action! that focuses on the training and development of candidates for public office.
In her free time, she enjoys being politically active in progressive causes, trail running, learning to rock climb and spending time with her husband and three children.
I am fortunate to work with visionary clients on the leading edge of change. By providing them the legal tools necessary to operate effectively and efficiently, I know that I’ve played a small part in helping them make the world a better place."
- Forum of Women Entrepreneurs, Member
- Wellstone Action!, Founding Member
- The Bristol Court HOA Board President
- Georgetown University Law Center LL.M. (1999) with distinction
- Creighton University School of Law J.D. (1998) cum laude
- Creighton University B.S.B.A. (1995) summa cum laude
- State of Nebraska Board of Public Accountancy Certified Public Accountant Certificate Holder (1998)